Sunday, April 4, 2010

paper piecing

seems like most of my cards ARE paper pieced.  i think i do not know how to make a "clean and simple" card.  most of mine have many layers.

on this one i used cardstock from a K& Co mat stack.  the basket is just a rectangle with rounded corners.  i ran that through my CB with the oriental basket weave embossing folder and sponged with brown ink to highlight.  the handle is attached with a brad and the basket is popped out with dimensionals to give it some relief.  the flowers were made with paper a shapers flower punch..........vellum layer on top for added interest.  the leaves were made with a martha stewart punch.  sentiment is from PTI mega messages (one of my favorite sets)

1 comment:

  1. This is just too pretty. I particularly love the color of the basket. ;) This is so spring like. I may just have to "lift" your basket for a card myself.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment ! if you have any questions on techniques etc......add it to a comment