Sunday, May 24, 2009

re-purpose challenge





now this one was easy for me. i have two to enter in this weeks challenge and maybe by the end of the week i will have another. (saw a new technique using wax paper...)

for this southern breezes challenge i needed to use something from around the house and give it a new purpose in life...


the first is made using a little snack baggie....i cut out 2 nestability labels for the base of the purse and made the handles using two oval nestabilities. the sentiment....CB embossing folder.....attached the sides of the purse to the baggie (cut down to fit)...makes a neat gift bag

the second is a pop top can....it is for my DD's birthday...inside are some nifty ribbons....i cut the bottom of the can off using a safe can opener....then i put ribbons inside and decorated the outside using my CB birthday embossing folder....glued the bottom back on to the can so the pop top still works ! she has seen this before, but anyone new to it is amazed. and it is sooooo easy to do !!

2 comments:

  1. Both are good, but I believe the purse is my favorite between the two. Maybe thats because I love shoes & purses. I love the color combo on the purse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!
    I will definitely have to try and make the purse!
    I love making the pop top cans and filling them with surprises! People are always so amazed by them!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment ! if you have any questions on techniques etc......add it to a comment